End-to-end sales and management processes in eCommerce
In the webinar “eCommerce and order management”, we use a customer example to explain how simple a product configuration process can be in our eCommerce solution Portal4Industry.
The subsequent order management after the receipt of the order comes as if from a single source. All customer and supplier interactions are centrally managed from the Dynamics 365 Customer Engagement (CE) business platform.
Digitize internal sales and simplify order management
In the first part, Balz Zürrer explains how a typical retailer’s back office is set up today. The employees are busy with this,
- Receive and manage orders from customers
- Transmit orders to the dealer
- Check deliveries
- to support various peripheral systems and partners
And this in internal and external stand-alone solutions. By automating repetitive steps, the internal sales process can be facilitated and time can be created for value-adding activities.
Expectations of B2B decision makers
Based on a study by McKinsey & Company, Balz Zürrer explains how the expectations of a B2B customer have changed. 70-80% of B2B decision makers prefer remote interactions with suppliers or digital self-service. We are convinced that the trend toward self-service will continue to grow in the coming years.
Solution approach Portal4Industry with Dynamics 365 CE for the order process
In a live demo, Daniel Sevinc, project manager, shows what a product configuration and order management process could look like. The highlights are:
- Product configuration in Portal4Industry with live interface to the dealer’s supplier
- Order data is transferred from Portal4Industry to Dynamics 365
- Advanced processes such as quoting, order confirmation, billing and dunning with one click in Dynamics 365 CE
- Interfaces to logistics partners for automated notification of delivery orders and parcel code at the push of a button
- Control of incoming goods by means of app
Benefit for a trading company
What are the benefits of an end-to-end process for the company?
- Increasing efficiency and reducing resources in the sales process
- Satisfied specialist partners and dealers thanks to intuitive product configuration
- Reducing the workload of employees through the use of modern tools
- Minimization of error sources due to automation
- Extensive evaluation options for the course of business