Growth, people, digitization and cloud
With the christmas playlist and light snowfall came the time for the year in review. 2022 was an exciting, challenging year with a lot of growth.
The memories of our Christmas party in Poland and the reflective moments at the celebration in Switzerland still linger and I am looking forward to the coming months.
We are happy about 20 new customers
Online has successfully evolved in 2022. We were able to accomplish a lot together and achieve these highlights:
- We acquired more than 20 new customers, including four in Germany and the first in London (UK).
- We welcomed many new faces, keeping us busy with a growing team of over 70 #proudOnliners. At the same time, we have also managed to retain employees in the company for the long term. We celebrated several 10- and 15-year service anniversaries.
- Our Microsoft Cloud solutions are established and continue to be in hot demand.
- We were able to expand our Polish office. It is bursting at the seams after growing by 200% and we are planning to move to larger premises so that we can expand further.
- We have supported several start-ups in the software development of digital solutions. Artificial intelligence, apps and new technologies like Flutter bring a lot of innovation here.
- We are privileged to work in partnership with long-standing customers such as WESCO AG, Kanton St.Gallen, BERNINA and Oerlikon, and have been able to further strengthen business relationships that we have maintained for decades.
- We have received a lot of positive feedback about our personal support. Our high-touch cybersecurity has proven its worth and we have been able to ensure secure systems.
Our team has mastered this development in an exemplary manner – I would like to express my sincere thanks to everyone involved.
My anticipation for 2023: Focus on growth, software development and cloud
I am looking forward to the coming months and am convinced that we will carry the momentum from the past year. My personal predictions for 2023:
- The digital transformation and cloud will continue to be driven forward. With our specialists, experts and solutions, we are at the forefront.
- Our team will continue to grow. We are currently planning to increase the workforce by over 30%.
- Artificial Intelligence will move into projects in the form of services (e.g., from the Azure Cloud). Our successful POC (Proof Of Concept) for PDF order recognition, cognitive search and intelligent bots show that the technology is mature and delivering value.
- The shortage of skilled workers will continue to worsen. We are glad that we currently employ many long-term specialists and are able to find them in Switzerland and Poland.
I would like to thank all employees, customers and partners for their cooperation in the past year. Without the projects entrusted to us, the business relationships based on partnership and the drive of our employees, success would be unthinkable. I look forward to an exciting 2023!
Balz Zürrer (CEO Online Group)