Are your employees prepared for the next generation of artificial intelligence?
Many management teams are discussing how they can make good use of the new possibilities of generative AI in the company. We explain how the use of artificial intelligence quickly adds value and where risks exist.
These four steps have proven themselves in practice:
1. Access to AI for all employees
- Provide all employees with an account on BingChat. Registration is done via the private Microsoft account, after which the company account can simply be linked.
- Create an enterprise account on Overview – OpenAI API and invite all interested employees to join. This gives users access to the entire OpenAI platform.
- Integrate ChatGPT with Microsoft Teams.
2. Inform and motivate
Most employees quickly recognize the added value of AI tools. You just need to see positive examples of each role. How can a project manager write a concept faster? How can marketing generate better images instead of buying stock images? How can the CEO write an inspiring eMail to his team? How can customer service respond more quickly to requests? What you can do better with AI is explained simply and often entertainingly on YouTube – or just ask the AI in BingChat!
3. Lead by example
Every employee should and can use AI. Leaders and early adopters can lead by example and share the benefits with their teams. Since the benefits quickly become apparent, no large investments are necessary.
However, don’t forget to also inform employees about the risks of AI:
- Mirage: AI results need to be fact-checked – AI is an amazing storyteller, but not always accurate.
- Bias: AI is trained with data that shows a bias – check if it matches your values and norms.
- CO2 footprint: Each request requires computing power.
The impact on jobs in your company should also be considered. Make sure Artificial Intelligence is seen as a positive development that makes us more productive and creative, and brings greater value to customers. A useful perspective: “It’s not AI that will take your job – but a person using AI will one day.”
4. Initiate the use in your products
Once the use of AI for internal processes shows benefits, you will find numerous ideas on how AI can also benefit your customers and products. Remember the early days of the Internet? Who could have foreseen all the amazing new possibilities? We are convinced that AI will surprise us with many inspiring novelties in business.